Jean - Louis Loeb - Picard
A 45 year success story in real estate
Buildings : a few examples
187 Fleet Street, London
This acquisition was carried out in 2016 in the uncertain market that immediately followed “BREXIT”.
This prime listed building is located in the centre of London’s famous judicial district a few short steps away from The Royal Courts of Justice.
The chambers of Andre Troloppe QC currently occupy the building and provides accommodation for some seventy barristers.
The building was designed by the revolutionary architect John Straw Jr. (1776-1832) to house the headquarters of Law Life Assurance and was completed in 1834
John Straw was a leading light of the so-called “Jacobean Revival”
John Shaw Jr. was the son of John Shaw Sr., nephew of Philip Hardwick and first cousin of Philip Charles Hardwick, all four renowned architects. Together they pioneered the development of semi-detached housing breaking away from the then common terraced-housing deign.
This dynasty of great architects, patronised by Queen Victoria and her consort Prince Albert are responsible many prestigious buildings, including Ramsgate Harbor, the Ramsgate Jacob's ladder, the Royal Naval School of New Cross, Christ’s Hospital School of London, a section of Georges Gordon 5th Baron of Byron’s Castle, the Tudor Gothic Building of Eton College, Newstead Abbey, The Old Railway station of Euston to name a few.
Their motto was “Beauty without Vanity”
The church of Saint Dunstans in the West, which adjoins our building, occupies the entire rear plot providing our building with a very wide street facing façade. A wide façade is very rare in a neighborhood based on medieval town planning which is a significant advantage to our company.
33-35 Cornhill, London
Former Crown Estate building . Core location front of the Royal Exchange and just a few steps away from the Bank of England, Mansion House and the Lloyds headquarters. Bought end 2015
22-24, place Kleber, Strasbourg
The Maison Rouge mall develops 150,000 square feet right in the centre of Strasbourg, opposite the Cathedral. This plot of land was the location of the former Roman camp which led to the founding of Strasbourg.
In 1253, an inn called the Stadelhof was built there. In the 17th century, the inn was transformed into a more imposing building, the Maison Rouge.
Much later, in 1899, the Strasbourg palace was built there and named Palace de la Maison Rouge, the first Strasbourg building to be built with a concrete
structure and equipped with a lift. All important figures staying in Strasbourg were lodged in the Palace de la Maison Rouge, among them Charles de Gaulle and Winston Churchill.
In 1932, Edmond Picard, grandfather of Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard, designed the underground car park of Place Kléber, serving the centre of Strasbourg and the Palace de la Maison Rouge.
The current building was constructed in 1978 by the chief architect for civil buildings and national palaces, Professor François Herrenschmidt. The avant-garde façade is composed of destructured, protuberant cubes with large, square windows. The slate roof is in five very steep planes reminiscent of Alsatian roofs.
This property was acquired in 1989 by Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard from the BNP Paribas bank. The building is the flagship commercial building in the centre of the city, hosting shops like the largest Fnac out of Paris, Habitat and Orange. Upstairs are head offices: Generali for eastern France, AFP, etc.
17, rue de Tolbiac, Paris 75013
This building, a development of 35,500 square feet, was purchased from the Société Générale bank. It was completely rebuilt by Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard, who added several more stories for the purpose of creating dedicated premises for the University of the Sorbonne, which has rented the building for more than 20 years.
Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard has retained this asset in his portfolio for over 25 years.
72, rue Regnault, Paris 75013
This building, a development of 230,000 square feet (including 250 parking spaces in the basement) was purchased from Allianz.
It was completely renovated by Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard, who created several amphitheatres and later sold it to the Ministry of Education after more than 20 years of ownership.
A fine example of early pleated facades in the country (1971), it has horizontal pleats embellished with vertical pleats. Soon after its construction, this building was made available to Jean-Pierre Melville, who used it as the location for his latest film, Dirty Money (1971) with Catherine Deneuve and Alain Delon. Jean-Pierre Melville, who seemed to like the façade, made many tracking shots of it.
71, rue Albert, Paris 75013
This special-purpose building is dedicated to the Ministry of the Interior.
The building is a development of 270,000 square feet, including 300 parking spaces in the basement.
It was acquired by Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard from the CIC
Bank, and then completely restructured for the purpose of being jointly leased to the Ministry of the Interior and the Paris Prefecture. The building also houses the offices of the Paris automobile regulator.
Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard retained this asset in his portfolio for over 20 years before selling it to the New York real estate fund WP Carey Inc., listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Boulevard de Stalingrad, Vitry
An example of a transformation by Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard of a small, obsolete office tower into 300 student housing units, built on the Boulevard de Stalingrad in Vitry-sur-Seine.
Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard acquired it from BNP Paribas and resold it to a social landlord during construction.
202, quai de Clichy,
rue Pierre, à Clichy sur Seine.
A beautiful building developing 150,000 square feet (including 150 parking spaces).
Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard purchased it from the Generali insurance company (Lazard Bank), completely renovated it and sold it in batches to SMEs and investors.
3062 M Street Georgetown
Washington D.C. (USA)
This listed building is very well placed in the best shopping street in Georgetown.
It was built in 1812 by John Peter, Mayor of Georgetown, a mere twenty years after the city of Washington was founded.
Undermined by age, the building was fully consolidated and restored by Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard, after which he leased it to large retail chains. He has retained this asset in his portfolio for 20 years and is currently leasing it to the very distinguished Ladurée, the oldest French pastry-maker.
14th and G Street NW
Washington D.C. (USA)
It is the seat of one of the oldest US banks, the Federal American National Bank, which became the National Bank of Washington.
The building is located in the heart of Washington DC, around the White House.
It was built by Alfred C. Bossom and Jules-André de Sibour, a leading American architect of French origin.
This “Renaissance revival” style building is one of very few in the city to have been classified as a historical monument in its entirety, that is to say externally and internally. Thus, its interior decorations (worked coffered ceilings, bronze ornaments, safe rooms dating back to 1900, lifts, etc.) are also classified as historical monuments along with its exterior.
Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard acquired the building during the US banking crisis from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), and then sold it to a charitable foundation.
39 rue du Colisée, Paris, 75008
an example of financial engineering
This handsome building of 65,000 square feet, located between the Champs-Elysées and the Faubourg Saint-Honoré, was one of the real estate assets of an old industrial company, now inactive, in which Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard took a stake for the purpose of ceding its buildings to institutional investors. It is now owned by AXA, the world’s largest insurer.
It is one of the first examples of Art Deco in Paris. Couturier Paul Poiret, one of the greatest French fashion designers, housed his perfume laboratories there.
6, rue de Penthièvre, Paris 75008
This building was the French headquarters of the Swiss laboratories Sandoz (now Novartis) of Basel.
The property rights were acquired by Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard from the Swiss management of Sandoz and then transferred to Unibail-Rodamco (this acquisition was the second by Unibail, now the largest European real estate company).
This is a large and majestic 19th-century mansion, with vast grounds graced by old trees. It is located in the heart of the eighth district of Paris, between Faubourg Saint-Honoré and the Champs Elysées.
12, rue Clapeyron, Paris 75008
This 19th-century mansion, located in the eighth district of Paris, was bought by Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard from the very old English bank, Edward Bates.
After several years, Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard resold the property to Lloyd Continental.
234, avenue Molière à Bruxelles (Belgique).
This mansion, built in 1912 by architect Camille Damman, is reminiscent of the baroque houses of the Grand Place (17th century).
Jean-Louis Loeb-Picard purchased it from the Missionary Institute of the White Fathers to make it the head office of our Belgian operations.
Walton Street, Knightsbridge, Londres
This house was the home of the English novelist PG Wodehouse. Bought end 2015